That may not sound much... but it wasn't as if I read them again... I just liked them sitting there - like me having them made a statement about who I was *I read romance*.
With the birth of baby 1, they all went, I had something that identified me more - being a mother - and also we had a very small house! Still, the urge to collect is strong in me!
I've also watched hoarder programmes in the UK. We had a very famous case called Mr Treebus (well that is how I remember it sounded - not sure if that was how it was spelt!). His house was a death trap and a health hazard. And only a couple of years back someone in our town died and lay undiscovered for a few weeks. I always watched these programmes and got the sense that the cases were hopeless.
Not so with Jasper who has a reason for what he does and that reason unfolds gently throughout the book. He doesn't have pets, his kitchen is described as clean, it's just the books are overwhelming him... I loved Jasper, I adored that he loved his books, and I felt no weirdness about Lewis and him getting together (unlike a 1 star I saw for this book on Goodreads). I just think I missed out on one thing. I'm British and I hardly know anyone quirky or with the kind of Britishness that exists in the Miller house... I'm clearly too sheltered... ROFL
Amazon (US) | Samhain | Amazon (UK)
* * * * *
Add: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_Trebus
i love loved loved this story.... <3
ReplyDelete